Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finally Updating

Let me just start by saying that it has been awhile since I posted, but I never seem to find the time. Malie Kate does not like for me to pull out the computer while she is still awake, and after she goes to bed I'm about ready to follow behind her! So who knows how long it will be before I post again. =)
School is going great. I am enjoying each of my kids and they all have a special place in my heart already. I know that this group will always be special for me. What a unique situation to have a chance to move up a grade with them and continue to deepen the relationship that was built last year. If it wasn't such a difficult thing to learn new curriculum and procedures for different grades, then I think I would want to start with a class in 3rd grade and move up with them each year and start again. It has been a huge blessing!
Of course the biggest light in my life is Malie Kate. It is amazing how much she grows every day! I feel like each night we play and talk that she says another new word. She is understanding SO much of what I say that it is at the point that I really have to watch what is said and done in front of her (not that I'm doing anything really bad, but you know what I mean!). She is also one of the most active and independent kids I have ever been around- and I've been around a good many. I love her spirit, but I pray every night that God will use it for His work so it doesn't get her in trouble later in life. Right now I am working on enforcing the no paci except nap/bed/car rule. It is going well. I am also doing something I should have done a long time ago- refuse to get up in the middle of the night when she has pushed the paci off the bed and wakes up crying without it. I am working on it and will keep updating how it is going. It should be interesting. Needless to say, she is such a joy and it is such an adventure to watch the new things she discovers every day!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to see her the other night. She is SO precious! I just love your little girl. You are an amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete