Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day

Wow! I am exhausted! Today was a great day back at school. It was so fun to see my kids faces as they walked into my room this morning. We had some great talks about the new things we are doing this year, and I really think they are buying in to the whole process. I now can't wait for things to settle down into our regular schedule and really get to working. It will take some adusting to going all day again, but I know it will happen. I really forgot how it was to go nonstop with kids all day long from 7:30 until they leave at 3:00. I think I just sank down into my chair once the last on had rounded the corner in the hallway just to take a deep breath (the first one I had time for all day). But other than the exhaustion I remembered more things of why of love my job! Now I've got to go over some assessments and get ready for tomorrow before I head to bed. Thank goodness Malie Kate is also adjusting to getting up early and going all day, so she is going to bed early too! Thanks for all the prayers for us teachers today!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things went well! I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I miss Malie Kate. We need to plan a weekend playdate sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good first day! Hope you can get some relaxing in this weekend. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete